Leidos has a great opportunity available in Alexandria, VA! The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Maintain responsibility for managing the functionality and efficiency of virtual enterprise workstations and virtual host platforms. Conduct systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies, security needs, and user functional requirements. Work on duties that include designing new VDI and desktop solutions, installing new software, troubleshooting, performing VDI and applications migrations, and training users, as needed. Program in an administrative language, including Powershell and VMWare CLI, as needed. Interact with the engineering management team and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Experience with designing, deploying, managing, and configuring virtual and physical workstation environments using Windows 7 and 10 with Microsoft SCCM
- Experience with VMWare virtualization solutions using ESX 5.5 and newer
- Experience with enterprise desktop deployments and management, including application package development and enterprise system refreshes
- Experience with enterprise Citrix solutions for desktop and application deployments
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop, including 7and10 with Server, including 2012, 2012R2, and 2016 operating systems, VMWare virtualization solutions, and Citrix capabilities
- Experience with deploying, configuring, and managing enterprise configuration and application management solutions using Microsoft SCCM
- Experience with writing and deploying Microsoft PowerShell scripts to support the collection of data from workstations and servers, assist with the deployment of software packages, and perform remediation actions on workstation or server assets
- Experience with deploying, configuring, and managing enterprise solutions for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- Experience with the management and operational use of systems monitoring tools, including Solarwinds, Splunk, or Microsoft SCOM
- Experience with analyzing and enhancing operational procedures and new innovative solutions to address current and emerging IT challenges
- Knowledge of ITIL change managements and problem management best practices
Skills and Tasks:
Exceptionally Complex - researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes crossfunctional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
Individual Work/Teamwork or Leadership/Management:
Leadership/Management - Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
Minimum Education/Experience Required: Bachelors degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience