Work as a Software Engineer in a collaborative team-focused environment. Take responsibility for prototyping, designing, developing and integrating niche tools which will be used in an operational environment. Lead parts of software development efforts through all aspects of the software engineering life cycle including scope and work estimation, design, documentation, implementation, testing and integration. The candidate is expected to clearly present information; read and interpret information; interact with customers or stakeholders; listen well and work through others to obtain results. The work involves being able to ensure systems being developed comply with all customer regulations and technical requirements, help project teams prepare for customer and Program control gates; and keep customer and contractor management apprised of project or program status.
Must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Creating new tools and applications using a variety of software languages, frameworks and libraries
- Refining and enhancing existing applications to better meet the customer's mission.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and experience commensurate with the requested level in software engineering; if no degree, equivalent experience in software engineering and 15+ years' experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Track record of learning new techniques and/or programming languages as needed
- Demonstrated technical leadership, ability to influence and to work with a diverse team
- 12+ years of experience creating software applications using one or more of the following:
- C# and C/C++
- Development in an Android environment
- Experience with Android Studio
- Basic understanding of computer forensic issues and techniques
- Experience with supporting software development tools such as version control systems, unit-testing frameworks and scripting languages