Varec is currently looking to add a Systems Engineer to our team in Norcross, GA near Atlanta
The Systems Engineer:
• Executes implementation of fuel automation solutions for the oil and gas industry at customer site
• Assists with projects/programs from design and development to production. The engineer may be required to research and propose hardware and software components for projects.
• Deploys system solutions that meet documented requirements; defines schedule for project/program implementation, consults with and directs site personnel, and may be responsible for engineering site specific solutions and issue resolution.
• Performs work such that schedules, project deliverables, goals, and milestones are met
• Follows strategies outlined for risk mitigation and contingency while implementing projects
• Completes and maintains project documentation including but not limited to schedule, budget, communications, daily site reports, backups, site drawings and other related documentation.
• Assists in identifying and resolving project issues while on site. Engineer will be responsible for the analysis and evaluation of issues.
• Provides second-tier technical support for critical application and data center issues, including off hours as needed. May be required to engineer new or temporary solutions to resolve high priority issues.
• Performs other job-related duties and works on special projects as required
• This position requires extensive travel, domestic and international, and may include travel to high-risk areas. Differential allowances (Hazardous and Hardship Pay) may apply for hours worked while on travel to certain areas, as specified by DoD guidelines.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree or Associates and 2+ years of experience. Four years of experience can be substituted for Bacherlor's degree.
• Must have great communication skills, be self-motivated, attentive to detail, possess the ability to work in a team environment, and have excellent organizational skills
• Experience in installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Windows Operating Systems, including security configuration, networking, setting up domains, Windows Group Policies and Active Directory
• Must have excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Access
• Candidate must be capable of and willing to follow agency and company procedures
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Working knowledge of FuelsManager® suite of products
• Experience with Windows 10 Servers and SQL Server 2012
• Strong background with LAN and WAN communications, including WLAN and GPRS wireless technologies
• Extensive knowledge of computer hardware architecture and Windows Operating Systems in a multi-system environment
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation nearly 90 years ago. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.