Leidos is currently seeking a Database Administrator to join our team in support of the 35th IS mission requirements as they relate to Constant Web requirements as needed and directed by the 35th IS technical director and government leads. Location is Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX. Candidates must possess a current TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered.
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Must have an active TS/SCI security clearance on day 1
- A Bachelor's degree in a STEM Field (Science, Technical, Engineering or Math) and a minimum of 6 years of experience in Systems Engineering, Cyber Security or another Engineering field of experience; or Master's Degree in a similar field plus 4 years of experience; or a PhD in a related field plus 2 years of experience
- Must have valid/current Security+ certification (IAT Level II)
- Proven knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols.
- SQL programming experience required
- Relational database experience required
- Understanding of database replication
- Linux experience- Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG)
- Sybase experience
- Modernized Integrated Database (MIDB) experience
- Experience with Global Command and Control Systems (GCCS)