The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Network Engineer to work at the customer site in San Antonio, Texas. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program. Minimal travel to Maryland will be required.
This selected individual will be part of an integrated team engaged in planning and implementing solutions in support of multiple geographically distributed systems in a complex network environment. He/she will plan, implement, and support system engineering requests to meet operational needs, as well as engineering, deploying, and maintaining capabilities that are new to the environment.
The selected individual will be responsible for server/router/firewall configuration and security management of an environment that includes networking equipment from several different manufacturers, as well as Windows/Linux servers, databases, VMware and security hardware & software. The network includes local and geographically dispersed LAN enclaves connected by WAN links.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing network security requirements and policy and translating requirements into specific device configurations;
- Providing network administration support for development, deployment, and problem identification and remediation of the enterprise network environment;
- Providing enterprise LAN support, working closely with the IT service provider teams to ensure customer requirements are considered and supported by the evolving LAN/WAN architecture;
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work.
- Identifying and correcting WAN hardware, software, and circuit problems;
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues on servers, clients, and networks;
- Providing in-depth analysis on existing network and server configurations and developing plans for system enhancements;
- Examining system data and implementing enhancements to improve reliability and performance;
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work, to include configuring servers, clients, storage devices, and network components;
- Planning and managing system installs and upgrades for networks and servers (hardware and software);
Providing detailed analysis and trouble-shooting guidance for real-time system crisis;
- Supporting system engineering requests to meet operational needs;
- Proposing, designing, testing, and installing capabilities that are new to the environment;
- Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects.
- BA/BS Degree and 4-8 years of experience OR Master's Degree and 2-6 years of experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted for Bachelor's Degree;
- Candidates must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work;
- Must have experience providing direct assistance to users;
- Must have experience with the following systems: Linux/Windows, Cisco Systems, Juniper Systems; and Networking Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LANs, and WANs;
- Must be able to support planned, after hours activities on occasion and may be responsible for providing after-hours support for network administration, operations, and maintenance problems on occasion;
- Must possess excellent written and communication skills;
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures;
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification;
- Experience with Data Center design and configuration (e.g. rack and stack, power, placement, etc.);
- Thorough understanding of standards-based engineering drawing packages;
- Thorough knowledge of networking essentials in a professional office atmosphere.