Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking a Laboratory Technologist in San Diego, CA to support research investigators for the Clinical Investigations Department (CID), Directorate for Professional Education (DPE) at Naval Medical Center San Diego (NMCSD).
- Perform experiments with using molecular techniques such as plasmid transfection and interfering ribonucleic acid (RNA) and creating reports for investigator files.
- Conduct laboratory assays using procedures that include but are not limited to the following laboratory equipment: Enzyme-linked immunoabsorbent assays (ELISA's), gel based assays (Northern and western blots), PCR, Flow Cytometry, fluorescence and luminescence-based assays, dye-staining assays, and create reports for investigators files.
- Keep detail daily laboratory log, perform routine maintenance and quality control on lab equipment, follow protocols and safety precautions and have the ability to access up to a Biosafety Lab (BSL) II environment.
- Must possess a BS in biology, biochemistry, physiology or genetics and or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and PHI data management, and Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), and have excellent communication skills.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Candidate will possess a SECRET Clearance or will have already gone through a DoD background check with a "favorable" result