The Civil Health Operation is seeking a talented Enterprise System Architect to drive the technical execution for the FDA SIRCE and Imports program in Baltimore/Rockville, MD.
The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs' (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Enterprise System Architect position include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for defining/creating Enterprise Technology Roadmaps and communicating architecture vision/roadmap to FDA customer and Leidos stakeholders.
- Responsible for conducting trade studies and Analysis of Alternative (AoA) for designing, developing, and analyzing software-based products and systems.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, tools, and process to ensure successful delivery of highest quality products and cutting edge solutions that are scalable.
- Shape the program execution approach to align with the FDA long-term technical roadmap
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to program team members while encourage innovated solutions to complex system problems.
- Collaborate with government stakeholders and internal team to ensure product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- Establish customized processes that align to program goals and objectives, also actively promote and engage in process improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience: Requires BS degree and 12 years of related technical experience.
- Proven expertise in architecting and designing solutions for large, complex software development projects, accounting for scalability, flexibility, performance, and security.
- Proven success with hands on development, prototype, trade-off and selection analysis, and evaluating of various technologies.
- Advanced proficiency with Java/J2EE, Java Script, Angular 2+, JPA/ORM, REST/JAX/Soap Web Services, Weblogic, Spring Framework, Oracle 11g/12c, PL/SQL, Maven, HTML5, Log4f, Junit, and Unix/Linux experience.
- Extended experience with service oriented environment and best development practices.
- Superior knowledge of the fundamentals of iterative developments and applications of agile concepts and principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- Demonstrated Evidence of continuous learning of new business area, technology, and methodologies.
- Strong analysis, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Previous FDA domain knowledge
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Experience with Microservices Architecture development
- Proven experience developing Mobile Application Frameworks/Architecture
- Experience developing Cloud Migration Architecture/Framework
- Experience with Data Governance Process Definition