Leidos is looking for you, our next Computer Engineering & R&D Lab Manager to work in our Dayton, OH office.
• Devises plans and drives execution in performing research, design, development, and other similar assignments.
• Perform technical task planning, system integration, verification, and risk assessment for projects.
• Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
• Troubleshoot, characterize and correct software programming errors and correct existing program deficiencies
• Document software solutions, participate in technical meetings, and coordinate activity with other team members
• Performs quality control checks, ensuring effectiveness and reliability of network systems, computers, tools, and equipment.
• The ideal candidate may have multiple people supporting him/her and needs to delegate tasks as necessary to the team and maintains accountability for results.
• Builds strong professional working relationships with stakeholders to resolves disputes, define technical solutions, and drive positive change.
• This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively brief management and customers.
Skills you will need to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8+ years of prior relevant experience
• Applicant must have at least 8 years of technical development experience
• Must have prior experience leading a technical team
• Prior experience with developing systems and software for DoD programs
• Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience working directly with engineers and technical SMEs
• Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate activities/deadlines
• Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Required Software/Computer Engineering Qualifications:
• Develop cross platform software solutions for Linux and Windows
• Develop, integrate and debug network transport software using open source software
• Develop and implement efficient software interfaces to different hardware
• Integrate, troubleshoot and debug software and hardware
• Utilize configuration management tools such as Git & Jira
• Work with developers and assist them in troubleshooting software problems and issues
• Setup and utilize virtual machines on Windows and Linux
Required Systems Integration Laboratory Qualifications:
• Manage and track lab assets such as computers and network equipment
• Communicate/coordinate with corporate I.T. for remote access and security
• Manage remote access to systems
• Manage Configuration Management Servers and Backups
• Manage and track computer software installation
• Provide allocation of lab resources for projects
• Troubleshoot networking and computer related issues
• Write and distribute standard operating procedures for the lab
• Research and specify computer, network and specialized equipment
• Create, deploy and manage virtual machines for lab projects
Skills that will wow us even more if you have have them:
• Technical Task Lead Experience
• Communicate with customers and developers regarding project needs and resources
• Analyze and understand project objectives, requirements and customer wishes
• Create and evolve work breakdown structures (WBS) for execution
• Distribute, coordinate and provide guidance for (WBS) tasks
• Interview prospective employees for engineering positions
Flight Test Experience
• Provide flight test team leadership and guidance
• Work with flight test team to develop logical test progressions for pre-flight lab testing and field testing
• Develop and distribute procedures and checklists for flight testing (e.g. equipment lists, setup procedures, pre-flight checks, safety considerations, go/no-go criteria)
• Supervise, assist and checkout equipment installations and setup for test readiness
External Referral Program