The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Power / Electrical Engineer to support the FAA Power Services Group by providing both electrical engineering support and program analysis for the Batteries and/or the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) programs.
In this role you will be called upon to conduct design reviews of complex electrical/electronic systems, components, and equipment associated with the modernization, expansion and upgrade of complex electrical, electronics and visual aids system within the National Air Space.
Electrical power systems may include combinations of more than one source of commercial power, batteries, power conditioning systems, uninterruptible power systems and complex switching and monitoring systems.
Duties for the position include:
- Program analysis duties, to include reviewing and updating the FAA Corporate Work Plan with project identification.
- Origination, validation, assessments, and scheduling requirements of the programs.
- Ensuring all scheduling, financial and other related applications are in agreement.
- BS degree in electrical engineering/power systems
- 5+ years' experience in power systems design and review and project management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel knowledge
- Ability to support clients and senior engineers in designs, reviews, red-lines/changes, processes, cost determinations, schedule and technical impact of changes
- Ability to ensure designs or changes are in compliance with applicable government and industry standards.
- Ability to maintain documentation on projects including design notes, design calculations, work logs, vendor contacts and other documentation
- Ability to represent clients in meeting and other activities dealing with both inside and outside the department
- Ability to work well with engineering and management staffs, including external organizations to ensure timely follow up and on-time project completions.
- Familiarity with FAA and industry standards with regards to Backup Power System designs
- Strong communications skills