This role requires an experienced Agile Scrum Master to work in a Government IC environment. This role performs project management tasks to coordinate and prioritize user stories for implementation by team members. This position will assist in delivering the next generation technologies for our customer. The team will build and deliver new and innovative technologies. This position operates in an Agile development Lifecycle environment.
- Driving team sprint/release commitments
- Owning daily scrum stand up
- Coaching teams in agile practices/mindset
- Assisting the team with removing impediments
- Facilitating progress toward team goals
- Facilitating team agile events: Sprint Planning, Retro, Planning, etc
- Promoting and facilitating continuous team improvement (technical, interpersonal)
- Ensuring scrum practices are followed (Time Logging, Comments, WIP limits)
- Help team to focus on daily goals
- Regular and consistent communication and coordination with and between stakeholders and teams.
- Feature sizing, Velocity and Capacity Estimation
- Participation in team events: planning, scrums, demos, retrospectives
- Collaborating with Product Stakeholders to meet mission goals.
- Working with the Product Owner to create and define story Acceptance Criteria
- Provide DR support
- Commitment to continuous improvement of product, process and the team.
- They will be expected to be strong team contributors, be proactive in working tasks and resolving obstacles.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 12years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Experience directing and controlling activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Experience interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables.
- Experience supervising others.
- TS/SCI with Poly required for Position
- List additional skills and experience that is "nice to have" but not required.
- -SAFe Agilist Certification
- -Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
- -Security+ Certification
- Project Management Skills
- -Jira collaboration tools experience