The NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos is seeking a Technical Writer to support the FAA customer.
In this role you will perform a variety of writing, editing, and research duties in connection with the preparation of high profile, high importance documents that are routed from the Office of Investigations (AXI) to include Executive Reports, MOUs, policies, procedures, standards, orders, guides, and other reports that are intended for senior leaders, Lines of Businesses, or other external groups.
- Write and edit technical manuals on the latest developments, functionality and concepts in the subject area.
- Provide training manuals and user guides for all audiences, including operators, application owners and software developers.
- Edit, validate, and incorporate newly developed training and technical manual material and red-line edits to update the latest operating procedures.
- Participate in the verification of new procedures at agency locations and the Contractors' facility.
- Support the management and placement of documentation on an agency Web site.
- Bachelor's degree or higher with 3+ years of experience in technical writing
- 3+ years of experience with training material verification and editing
- Knowledge of technical writing standards
- Ability to maintain accurate technical publications
- Ability to manage multiple technical publications programs for complex systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must currently possess an ACTIVE Secret security clearance
- Ability to show Microsoft Office expertise
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Flexibility and patience in order to work in a high demand/volume work environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Prior experience/exposure to investigations
- Writing sample requested