As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has an opening for a senior systems engineer to support a collection of biometrics programs and larger capture efforts.
Responsible for the day-to-day activities and assignments of engineers, developers and analysts on programs which includes:
- Guiding the technical direction of the solutions on the program
- Driving tasks associated with the schedule
- Assisting in the development of system architectures and designs
- Work closely with the Program Management to ensure delivery of the final product or solution
- Develop new approaches to the current environments or develop improvements to the system
- Assist in providing technical solution to white papers or proposals
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Participates in development of software user manuals.
- Designs and implements dev/test environments supporting hiring of S/W Team
- Will manage a small to midsized team of developers
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs the system that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment.
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
- Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Requires a BS degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Work experience in Agile software development and scrum methodologies
- Ability to work multiple tasks at once.
- Must have an active DOD Secret security clearance
- Experience consulting with project teams and end users to identify application requirements
- Has Java development experience
- Has an understanding of Cloud technologies
- Familiarity with Biometric technologies and their uses
- Good communication skills and can work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to develop technical solutions for proposals in the past