Job Requisition:Program Manager
Job Description – Program Manager (PM)
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a requirement for providing enterprise IT services to DHS Headquarters, and as required or requested, services to one or more DHS Components. Services may include Service Desk, end-user-support, operations and maintenance of infrastructure and systems, private and public cloud services, providing near real-time enterprise situational awareness, and supporting the evolution of the DHS Data Center environment in Stennis, MS.
The Program Manager will serve as Leidos’ authorized interface with the Government CO, COR, and TPOC. The Program Manager will be responsible for overall program cost, schedule and technical performance. The Program Manager will be available to plan, direct, and control the overall management and operational functions specified herein during normal hours of operation, and during periods of no-notice emergencies, including localized acts of nature, accidents, and military or terrorist attacks.
Formulate and review project plans, assists in determining costs, and ensures conformance to work standards.
Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning work schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising personnel and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates. Assigns, schedules, and reviews work of subordinates.
Able to evaluate proposed information systems to determine technical feasibility with government specified technologies, cost for implementation and operation, as well as functional adequacy.
This individual will be responsible for strategic direction and development of cost and operational models to align with customer’s changing regulatory and operational needs.
Analyze and predict trends and develop long-range plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness of the enterprise’s data center IT infrastructure.
Participate in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices (e.g., ITIL) as related to the needs of the business.
Proactively research and recommend courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for the user community.
Utilize metrics, key performance indicators, and service level agreements for driving the performance of IT service delivery.
• Certification in Project Management or Program Management from a recognized credentialing agency (PMP or PgMP).
• Minimum of 7 Years’ experience managing 24x7x365 large scale enterprise operations and maintenance including metrics collection and reporting
• Experience with Service Desk Support and Operations
• Experience with End-User-Support services
• Experience with engineering support
• Experience with collaborating in the development and implementation of innovative technologies or processes
• Experience in collaborating in the development of transformational roadmaps and strategies
• Experience with Data Center facilities design and physical security
• Experience with Data Center management systems, applications, and data security
• Experience with cloud-based Data Center offerings such as IaaS, SaaS, PaaS
• Understanding of private and hybrid cloud architectures and technologies
• Demonstrates integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility, and diversity
• Experience organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks
• Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
• Experience meeting with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans
• Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
• Understanding of Earned Value Management
• Experience mentoring staff in order to maintain high levels of performance and positive morale
• Experience managing tools, purchases, and a demonstrated understanding of purchasing systems
• Knowledge of ITIL
• Knowledge of industry/government best practices
• Familiarity with ISO-9001:2000
Desired Skills or Experience
• Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
• Established relationship with DHS personnel responsible for, or involved with, DHS Headquarters Data Center operations at the program and/or operations management level (DHS Component level coverage may suffice)
• Experience in managing DHS IT Programs
• 10+ years managing cost and performance based contracts
• Understanding or familiarity of the FAR
• Experience in Implementing Section 508 Compliant technical solutions
• Earned Value Management Certification
• ITIL Certification
• Active TOP SECRET clearance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.