The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer/Scrum Master to work at our Annapolis Junction location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program. PLEASE NOTE: WORK MAY BE PERFORMED IN ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION, MD, SAN DIEGO, CA OR AURORA, CO.
The Senior Software Engineer / Scrum Master will provide software development support from concept through development and integration to deployment of a large complex system. The successful candidate will have demonstrable skills in Use Case development, CONOP development, requirements derivation, design, testing, and implementing business logic and Web User Interface (UI) for a security-related business processing application and will establish/manage/verify data in accordance with security regulations. Past or current experience in a leadership role as well as Agile practices is preferred.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting life-cycle development of capabilities using CMMI ML-3 processes in an Agile software development life-cycle (SDLC). The individual will analyze and study complex system requirements, use design software tools, provide support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques with the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools and will use sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant, and reusable. The individual will provide software process management and control throughout the coding portion of the software development process as well as lead a scrum team which includes performing daily stand-ups, sprint planning, refinement, sprint review, retrospectives, and other related team and intra-team meetings.
- MUST POSSESS AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and 8+ years of related experience in software development. Four (4) years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
• 8+ years of specific experience using programming languages and tools such as JAVA/JEE, SOAP, WSDL, WADL, and Oracle RDBMS.
• Experience with User Interface development, knowledge of databases and structures, and experience working with XHTML, HTML, XML, XSLT, Windows, and UNIX and Linux operating systems.
• Must be able to ensure that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the team.
• Must be able ensure that the technical team has a clear understanding of Definition of Done.
• Must be able to drive stories to Ready state in preparation for the next planning increment and upcoming sprint.
• Must be able to prepare for and facilitate bi-monthly releases, and sprint planning with the product owner and the team.
• Must be able to work with the team and Product Owner/Manager to maintain a healthy backlog and plan upcoming releases and assist with drafting acceptance criteria.
• Experience with the following: JEE, SQL, application servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss), scripting.
• Experience with high level requirements management including requirements decomposition, secure systems engineering and development, trade-off analysis, interface control, and testing and continuous integration.
• 5+ years of experience in software development on Agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD.
• Experience with Secure Software development (i.e. Layer 7 Policy).
• CSM (Certified Scrum Master) Certification.
External Referral Eligible