The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an Application Architect in Bethesda, MD.
- Design, architect, and implement a secure and agile AWS-based infrastructure and processes
- Develop automation tools, serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in automation by leading automation projects and assessments
- Maintain and ensure the ongoing stability and continuous operations of custom-build enterprise
- Partner with the network, infrastructure, system administrators and security team to design and implement the connectivity, structure, security of the cloud environment
- Propose and implement system enhancements to provide additional functionality and address new virtual infrastructure and security requirements
- Diagnose and resolve system and infrastructure problems quickly
- Enforce best practices for virtual and on-premise infrastructure systems, communicate these to development organization, and monitor and enforce compliance
- Lead incident management efforts to investigate, mitigate and resolve issues
- Research and prototype new products, tools, technologies
- Maintain architecture processes and technical documentation of cloud infrastructure and cloud best practices
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree, or higher, in a System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
- 8+ years of experience of leading the design, development and deployment of IT systems for an enterprise organization in a virtual environment (preferably AWS)
- Strong background with infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting including shell, Python, Ruby, and Powershell
- Experience delivering solutions and administering systems in a cloud environment using laaS and PaaS offerings
- Expertise in designing and implementing VPCs, VPC routing, and VPC security
- Expert knowledge of integration of cloud services with on premise and virtual technologies from Microsoft, RHEL, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Hands-on Experience with RHEL and Windows operating systems in a virtualized environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with experience working in a highly collaborative on-site environment
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Proven experience preparing and presenting technical documentation to various audiences.
- Hands-on experience in maintaining and supporting large enterprise systems in a production environment
- Ability to work on multiple assignments or projects in parallel, balancing time and schedule based on the business priorities of the organization
Requires US Citizen or Green Card Holder with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.