Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe. The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Aviation Logistics Lead.
The Aviation Logistics Lead will develop and implement a life cycle management process consisting of material assets for a highly technical DOD Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance platform operating in both CONUS and OCONUS theaters. The candidate will oversee consolidation of assets for three programs and implement unified procedures and processes of Government Furnished Equipment and Contractor Acquired Property as managed by the team logisticians. The applicant will direct Logistic practices that maximize life cycle management tools ensuring tracking of components to enable efficient sparing of all Mission Equipment subsystems. The Logistics Lead will lead efforts to maximize use of a logistics database in establishing predictable sparring for all program material.
- Maintain 100% accountability of all program material through management of team logisticians and standard inventory practices.
- Providing detailed lifecycle data in order to allow Management to make informed decisions on product purchase and development
- Using obsolescence data to identify suitable material replacements by keeping up with industry trends in the rapidly changing technology driven aviation industry
- Coordinate tracking of logistics and manufactured items for both new purchases and repairs evaluating 'Beyond Economic Repair' criteria and value
- Maintain Configuration Management of data related to lifecycle management in order to catalog historical statistics
- Assess resource and material requirements to support future material proposals
- Bachelor's degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Familiarity with Logistical practices, policies and material management software
- Previous experience with Government contracts
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory requirements
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills
- Must have, or the ability to obtain, a SECRET clearance
- Experience with Aviation Program Support
- Experience with enterprise level inventory management systems
- Prior experience using SharePoint
- Experience with Configuration Management