Leidos has an opening for a senior Windows Systems Administrator to play a lead role in systems administrations process for the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. NEST is an IT Services program providing the end user computing needs to NASA. The program provides a range of IT services: On premises and cloud-based Windows and Linux server support, Windows, macOS and Linux desk side support and workstation engineering, managed print services, Active Directory services and Microsoft Exchange support. The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Operations team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in one of the NASA locations (e.g., Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), Johnson Space Center (JSC), etc.). The individual will be a lead of a team responsible for supporting the NEST Windows environment. This environment affects the entire NASA infrastructure that impacts over 60,000 users in over 25 sites. The candidate will work with the administrators of Windows, macOS and Linux systems and the NEST security team to ensure secure and reliable of the NEST computing environment.
• Lead members of the NEST team to understand the current Windows management process and design changes, as needed, to improve the environment to enhance reliability, security, and automation. This activity will affect all systems in the NEST environment - Windows desktops and servers (on-premises and cloud-based), macOS systems and Linux systems. In addition, this will require close communication with all NEST systems administrators and the systems administrators of other NASA contracts, including Missions systems.
• Lead NEST and possibly, NASA wide efforts to identify tools that improve the operational efficiency and monitoring of the NEST environment. While the tools may be platform specific, the process will be common - common requirements, consistent timing, consistent approvals - requiring very good analytical and design skills.
• Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures for software upgrades, patching, etc.
• Partner with NASA and NEST security staff to define and identify efficient methods to deploy security settings and implement proven security best practices.
• Work in a rapid paced environment
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 8 years relevant experience, or a Master's degree and 6 years relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Excellent understanding of Windows Servers in design, configuration, and the administration of Windows 2008r2, 2012 and 2016.
• Demonstrated experience with SCCM, SCOM, and BigFix. Experience in designing enterprise-wide monitoring and deployment solutions using these tools.
• Experience with Windows backup tools (e.g., NetBackup, Windows Backup)
• In depth knowledge of anti-virus/anti-malware tools (e.g., McAfee, Windows Defender).
• Remote Desktop Services (Login and Security), including Citrix, experience
• PowerShell Script design and coding experience
• Detailed knowledge of and experience in managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS PIV authentication
• Knowledge of certificate management (e.g., Certificate Authorities)
• Active Directory and GPO administration experience is required.
• Experience with system monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., SCOM, SolarWinds, EM7, etc.)
• Very good written and verbal communications skills
• Experience leading a small team is required.
• Very good negotiation, balanced with outstanding technical, skills are required to lead inter-contractor discussions.
• Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
• MCSE certification
• Good understanding of storage technologies (e.g., NetApp, EMC) and how these technologies fit into the Windows environment
• Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations
• ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
- Experience with AWS or Azure, Azure AD is highly desirable.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.