Leidos has a career opening for a Storage System Administrator located in Laurel, Maryland.
• Provide system administration and support to UNIX, LINUX, Windows, and Virtualized systems. This includes administration such as user account management, network, workstation, server, peripheral, kernel, scripts, disk configuration and administration; and storage administration, to include Network Appliance Filers (Data On Tap).
• Assist and instruct users on system and application operations and security procedures.
• Provide recommendations to the Government on techniques to enforce compliance with the information system security procedures for the control of information systems including magnetic media, network, system and data.
• Create copies of non-copyrighted digital and magnetic media software or GOTs as per Government direction.
• Develop test plans and determine appropriate test criteria and procedures; and plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Review and analyze complex task statements, standards, specification and other documentation to determine system administration requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required; 5 years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor's
• 10 years' experience as an SA/Storage Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
• NET App and EMC experience.
• Experience creating and imaging LUNS.
• Experience in performing system requirement analyses and specifications, and modeling and trade-off studies.
• Domain administration experience.
• Windows System Administration experience.
• SCCM experience.
• Must currently possess and maintain 1 one of the following certifications: MCSA-Serv, Security +, CCNP, NCDA, XML, RHCE, SCNA, VCP, ICSP, CISSP, TTP-EMS or RCSP
• Must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• This position requires candidates to be on call on a rotating basis either via a pager or a call in tree.
*External referral eligible*