The National Solutions Operation is currently soliciting experienced Triage QC Examiners in various languages to perform media exploitation (MEDEX) and triage in support a DoD customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Triage Examiners should be experienced in general linguist operations and Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) operations, and are expected to leverage language and analytical skills, as well as advanced computer systems aptitude in addressing triage examination projects.
Triage team members will perform examination of electronic media for content of interest, and identify and prioritize items of importance for further processing, in accordance with customer standard operating procedures. Triage team members will also be expected to communicate effectively and provide ad-hoc notification to superiors on task progress and significant findings, and to produce a report of their findings for further dissemination to customer(s).
Must currently possess a TS/SCI clearance.
The primary responsibilities of the Triage Examiners are:
• View and process large amounts of foreign language material and identify critical items of information
• Convert, reformat, parse, and otherwise exploit media files using customer tools to ensure compatibility and readability for translation systems
• Prepare files and metadata for transfer to translation systems, including review of foreign-language data
• Produce report of findings and disseminate to customer, analysts, and liaison officers
• Prepare accurate written gists, translations, and/or transcriptions of general and technical material
• Review the work products of other linguists/screeners to ensure that they adhere to customer standards for quality
• Provide input into potential improvements to existing translation and screening process
• Must have the sufficient language skills, analytic skills, and technical aptitude to gain a working knowledge on job-required tools and processes (On-the-job training may be provided as needed to address customer-specific needs, with ongoing evaluations throughout train-up period).
• Requires a BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience in linguist operations (i.e. translation, language analysis), and performing media examination for Document and Media Exploitation projects) or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience..
• Willingness to perform occasional shift work to meet mission demands.
• Achieve a minimum score of a 2 in respective foreign language and English for Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing.
• Ability to quickly scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information.
• Ability to comprehend customer prioritization requirements and apply them to files under review, as well as apply personal judgment when assessing the potential value of files and information
• Team player who is able to prioritize and effectively manage his/her own matrixed team and multiple competing priorities
• Demonstrated history of working on screening or translation projects and in maintaining the integrity and meaning of the translated material.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner (email, spoken, & reports).
• Ability to make sound decisions and handle stress, while meeting deadlines and performing in a high-paced environment.
• Familiarity with report writing styles for DOD and IC consumers.
• Possess a working proficiency in standard computer systems and office programs, with additional experience in media examination tools.
• Ability to use or train to proficiency on customer specific software programs and tools.
• Top Secret clearance with current or recent SCI-level clearance a plus.
• Native-level proficiency in foreign language
• Desktop publishing experience
• An advanced degree in one of the following fields: Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Legal, Medical, Banking and Financing, Foreign Military, Forensics
• Past performance as a media examiner in support of DOD or IC customers.
• Familiarity with Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) processes and specialized tools (i.e. FTK, enCase, or similar).
• Trados Certification for Translators (Level 1)