The National Solutions Operation is currently soliciting experienced Linguist Workflow Coordinators in various languages to support a DoD customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Workflow Coordinators will work in a dynamic team environment and ensure the efficient flow of source media and documents through the screening and translation workflow process. Workflow Coordinators will be responsible for providing:
- Workflow of Products - Create, maintain, and track project entries currently in customer systems and other translation tools; import source materials, assign resources, and ensure the timely completion of all translations; maintain and incorporate all metadata associated with processed media and documents.
- Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools - Create packages and projects for translation memory and terminology management projects, developing and maintaining SOPs
- Customer Service - Workflow Coordinators will interact with customer personnel and contract management to report on the status of various projects and distribute completed gist's and translations.
- Depending on requirements Workflow Coordinators may also perform ad-hoc linguist duties to include triage, gisting, translation, quality control, data base use, and reporting.
- Workflow Coordinators may also be given the opportunity to participate in directed training to increase their mission related knowledge, understanding of various translation tools, and linguistic skill.
- Must currently possess a TS/SCI clearance. Candidate will be required to pass a polygraph and subject interview prior to starting on the project.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary responsibilities of the workflow coordinator are:
• Ensure the efficient flow of media through the exploitation process
• Create, maintain, and track batch and document entries through the translation tools
• Import, assign, and ensure completion of translation projects
• Maintain metadata associated with processed media and documents
• Receive, assign, and ensure completion of translation requests
• Report on the status of translation requests
• Disseminate gist's and translations
• Maintain customer DOMEX databases and tools This exciting position also has the potential to allow individuals, on a temporary basis, to work on specialized projects and/or deploy on worldwide assignments.
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• BA degree and/or 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters and/or 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience in linguist operations (i.e. translation, language analysis), and experience performing workflow management for Document and Media Exploitation projects.
• Willingness to perform occasional shift work to meet mission demands.
• Sufficient technical aptitude to gain a working knowledge on job-required tools and processes (On-the-job training may be provided as needed to address customer-specific needs, with ongoing evaluations throughout train-up period).
• Must have experience working in the translation industry and be familiar with translation industry standards for workflow and quality
• Achieve a minimum score of a 2 in respective foreign language and 3+ in English for Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with linguist task assignments & workflows.
• Demonstrated history of working on screening or translation projects and in maintaining the integrity and meaning of the translated material.
• Ability to comprehend, write, and speak in English in a clear and concise manner and pronunciation
• Team player who is able to prioritize and effectively manage his/her own matrixed team and multiple competing priorities.
• Excellent time-management and multi-tasking
• Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner (email, spoken, & reports).
• Ability to make sound decisions and handle stress, while meeting deadlines and performing in a high-paced environment.
• Possess a working proficiency in standard computer systems and office programs, with additional experience in media examination tools, project management tools, workflow tools, and CAT/HLT tools
• An advance degree in one of the following fields: Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Legal, Medical, Banking and Financing, Foreign Military • Advanced familiarity with the Theater Exploitation Database (TED) system or the Deployable Harmony DOCEX Suite (DHDS)
• Past performance as a media examiner in support of DOD or IC customers.
• Familiarity with Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) processes and specialized tools (i.e. FTK, encase, or similar).
• Advanced knowledge of standard business applications, with particular emphasis on Acrobat, Oracle (queries & reports), SQL, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
• Experience writing and/or using scripts written in Python, VBS
• Trados Certification for Translators (Level 1) or Project Managers