The Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Subcontracts Administrator to support its Exploration and Mission Support Operation in the Gaithersburg, MD or Houston, TX office. This role will lead full life cycle ("cradle-to-grave") subcontract management activities for National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) programs.
The Subcontracts Administrator will manage overall subcontract compliance for the programs in accordance with contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations. The selected candidate will be a motivated leader and a self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
The Subcontracts Administrator is responsible for activities that span the entire procurement cycle, including but not limited to: negotiation of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and teaming agreements, preparation of solicitation packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiation of terms and conditions, subcontract administration, issue resolution, and closeout activities.
• Negotiates NDAs and Teaming Agreements.
• Creates moderate to complex RFP solicitations in accordance with Government and Leidos requirements.
• Develops prime contract flow down documents.
• Coordinates closely with the Contract Administrator assigned to programs to ensure subcontracting activities and prime contract flow downs are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements and operational objectives.
• Evaluates supplier proposal responses.
• Conducts price and cost analysis.
• Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with subcontractors.
• Administers subcontracts of various types and complexity.
• Identifies and resolves moderate to complex issues and problems on assigned subcontracts and makes recommendations to management.
• Performs subcontract close-out activities.
• Analyzes risks and identifies risk mitigations.
• Acts as primary interface between subcontractors and the programs for all subcontracts related issues.
• Regularly interacts with program management, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers, as required.
• Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with subcontractor management regarding subcontract issues of varying degrees of complexity and the drive to work issues to resolution.
• Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field with 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Master's degree with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Must be US Citizen, and be eligible to obtain a federal security clearance.
• Prefer experience in subcontracting and related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation and subcontracts administration.
• Experience negotiating terms and conditions.
• NASA experience is a plus.
• Successful track record of managing a variety of subcontract types, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers.
• Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
• Working knowledge of the FAR and DFAR.