DHS Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) is a US Government program responsible for monitoring, detecting, analyzing, mitigating, and responding to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the DHS Enterprise. The DHS ESOC has primary responsibility for monitoring and responding to security events and incidents detected at the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and Policy Enforcement Points (PEPs) and is responsible for directing and coordinating detection and response activities performed by each Component SOC. Direction and coordination are achieved through a new shared DHS incident tracking system and other means of coordination and communication.
Leidos has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer/SCRUM Lead to join our ESOC team. The Engineer will be leading critical SOC engineering projects including projects such as Archer customization, Splunk logging and SIEM implementation, etc. The Project Engineer will need to work with the customer to prioritize operational issues, engineering activities, and development efforts, and drive the schedule to completion.
Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
Requires prior formal education in SCRUM methodology
- Experience with ITIL practices
- 5+ years technical experience with 1-2 years of small project leadership (5+people)
- Experience leading formal SCRUM and/or Agile projects
- Experience with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and JIRA
- Strong communication skills including the ability to brief DHS leadership
- A strong background in IT including prior experience with cybersecurity operations
A Secret Clearance is required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret SCI. In addition to specific security clearance requirements all Department of Homeland Security SOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Experience with cyber government contracts
- Strong customer interfacing experience
- Previous experience with a DHS customer
- Experience in Security Operations Center (SOC) or Networking Operations
- Project Management Tool experience
- SCRUM/Agile Development process experience