Leidos is looking for a Linux System Administrator with Bash scripting experience to support custom product development. This position is located in the Northern Virginia area and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
Primary responsibilities include all aspects of the product development life cycle - creating, implementing, and supporting new product features and capabilities; and improving data processing methods, to ensure the highest levels of information security. The Linux System Administrator will create automated Linux system builds to support the development of product releases and software bug fixes, as well as assist in the implementation/integration of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) application packages, tools, and utilities. The successful candidate will have the ability to analyze system requirements and program specifications, including software/application programming interface (API) documentation, and test plans. The selected candidate will develop and implement Linux system baseline configurations, with required software dependencies, using system build and automation tools (eg. Kickstart), to support product development and release. The selected candidate will develop and maintain configuration management system (eg. Subversion, Git) to support software updates and versioning. The selected candidate will collaborate with software developers to create test plans and scripts, for the refinement of software features, and improvement of system performance. The selected candidate will conduct functional, regression, and vulnerability tests to ensure system software is built according to specification, with secure processes for implementation and integration. The selected candidate will be expected to utilize end user feedback in the development of alternative software solutions, and improved system performance. The selected candidate will be expected to collaborate with the development team to solve complex application development problems. The selected candidate will provide technical support and system administration for software developers, as well as technical support (Tier 1-3) for end users.
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux system administration; CentOS/RHEL or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages; Bash or Bourne.
- Demonstrated experience building software on a Linux platform, to include automated deployments (PXE Booting and Kickstart).
- Demonstrated experience with continuous configuration and package management of CentOS/RHEL baselines.
- Knowledge and/or experience with software development programming languages; Java or C.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, to develop customized software/applications.
- Ability to write and/or utilize functional test plans for system analysis and quality assurance.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with IDEs; Intellij or Eclipse .
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile and/or Waterfall development methods.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware and/or other virtualization platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to identify complex problems, evaluate options and identify viable solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks.