The Mechanical Engineer will support C4ISR prototyping efforts to design and fabricate communications components to be used in complex systems such as military shelters, aircraft, and ground vehicles. The candidate will set up and conduct cable test activities, and interface with the project team, to include CAD designers and technicians, throughout the design process.
• Performs fundamental engineering duties in preliminary designs, to include performing tests, taking measurements and performing systems analyses and/or simulations.
• Applies standard engineering practices and techniques in engineering assignments and prepares data and documentation.
• Researches, designs, develops, modifies evaluates and tests a variety of mechanical equipment and systems/subsystems.
• Provides guidance on material purchasing to support fabrication and systems integration efforts
• Assists CAD designers in the development of mechanical designs of products
• Instructs mechanical integrators as required.
• BS in Engineering or related scientific/technical discipline with 5-10 years' experience
• Experience related to design, development and production of military C4ISR equipment
• Must possess the technical background and skills to perform in all phases of hardware design, development and documentation
• Must possess the ability to prepare and revise CAD/CAM drawings/models of unusual, complex, or original designs with a high degree of precision
• Must possess the technical expertise to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
• U.S. Citizen/Active Secret Clearance
• The ability to anticipate and resolve problems in manufacturing, assembly, installation and operation during the design process