The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Principal Policy and Procedures Analyst to provide support to the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) Systems Operations Security Group.
You will use your expertise in the use of National Airspace System (NAS) Policy and Procedures in various fields related to NAS airspace.
Support will require you to assist the government in addressing a broad range of issues associated with Air Traffic Control, Airspace, Satellite Radar (ADS-B), Military Special Interest Flights, and the integration of Unmanned Airspace Systems (UAS) in the NAS from a security perspective.
Provide solutions to complex airspace situations for NAS stakeholders.
- Support the operational procedures and policies of FAA documents as they pertain to deployment and use of Counter-UAS (C-UAS) technology as it pertains to the FAA.
- Identify risks and associated mitigations.
- Support meetings among government agencies.
- Provide support to writing of procedures for FAA Orders related to Air Traffic, Airspace, Military procedures, Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs), Satellite Radar (ADS-B), Letters Of agreements (LOAs) and Memorandum of Agreements (MOAs), UAS activities, etc. Track Metrics and create reports on the progress of selected activities.
- Provide written products to the government when required.
- Support related briefings regarding UAS Security items for public, local, state and federal stakeholders when required.
Typical education / experience
- Typically requires a BA degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional related work experience can be substituted for candidates not possessing a bachelors / masters degree.
- Knowledge of the FAA Air Traffic System preferred.
- Air Traffic Controller or Military experience preferred.
- Background with Satellite ADS-B, UAS and C-UAS technology preferred.
- Military background preferred.
- Familiarity with NOTAMs, Domestic Events Network (DEN), Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs); Military Operating Areas (MOAs); Special Airspace Activities (SAA); ADS-B Satellite Radar preferred.
- Experience with Technical Writing and strong communication skills preferred.