Leidos has a job opening for a Full-stack Developer Intern in Tucson, AZ The successful candidate will support efforts that will focus on developing/maturing our technology and capabilities in one or more technical areas including, but not limited to, cyber security, mobile apps, key management, and cloud computing.
The ideal candidate will be able to to work year-round - part-time during school and full-time on summer break.
- Assist in the design and implementation of a large, cutting edge web application system development and integration effort.
- Help code and test full-stack Java-based web application software based on an Agile Scrum or Kanban approach. This involves the use of user stories, acceptance criteria and other system engineering artifacts as part of an Agile team.
- Assist in using sound software engineering and object oriented principles to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure and fault tolerant.
- Apply knowledge of secure software development principles and techniques
- Use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation while supporting software reuse and refactoring.
- Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, resourceful and reliable, work as a team member or independently, be able to bring new perspectives and ideas to the company, and proactively complete assigned activities on time.
- Rising college junior or senior with a major in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar discipline. GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience working with software design patterns and Java Web Application Development.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Postgres, and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of/or experience in software development on agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Security clearance.
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience in Scrum Methodology.
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience in software development on agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience in implementing key management systems and knowledge of key management standards such as PKCS 11 are highly desirable.