No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The NISC III program within Leidos Civil Group is seeking a Technical Writer/ Noise Response Specialist to fulfill an important role in support of the NISC program and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The technical writing support portion of the position will involve drafting responses to Congressional Inquiries, Briefing Papers, Hotline Complaints, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and Privacy Act Inquiries, with a heavy emphasis on providing explanations to questions of aviation operations and noise impacts to local communities.
Work shall include research, editing, and preparation of written responses from open source/public information in accordance with all applicable FAA writing standards and guidelines.
Primary Responsibilities: Specific duties in this area include:
• Writing and editing of communications that may be both complex and controversial in nature intended for a variety of audiences to include: Congressional correspondence, Administrator hotlines, Safety hotlines, general correspondence, VIP Briefing Papers, and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
• Identify impacts of FAA actions associated with the Airspace Redesign program or other proposed airspace changes with a focus on resultant noise.
• Review and interpret laws, rules and regulations, policies and standard operation procedures.
• Provide information and advice to both internal and external customers.
• Determine the line of business to be contacted and advise Points of Contact of any sensitive or controversial requests.
• Coordinate and consult with subject matter experts to fulfill requests regarding the composition and development of a variety of written responses.
• Provide editorial support for team and performs rewrites to submitted draft and official documents.
As an expert technical writer, employee will be expected to complete documents within strict timeframes, which will need to afford for a suitable time for comment periods and take into account time for FAA Lines of Business (LOB), and industry to complete required signatory/endorsement processes. Completion of documents within established timeframes is fundamental and the employee shares responsibility for on-schedule completion of all correspondences/responses assigned to the team.
Typically requires a BA degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent experiences in lieu of education OR Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent experiences in lieu of education.
• Strong writing skills that demonstrate the ability to communicate technical information of an aviation nature to a non-technical audience.
• Ability to analyze aircraft flight data and interpret compliance with standard Air Traffic Control procedures.
• Must have experience in writing and/or editing a variety of material such as research reports, controlled correspondence, reports, briefing papers specific to the needs and knowledge of the target audience; while applying grammar, punctuation, style, accuracy, and format requirements.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance.
• FAA experience or general knowledge of aviation operations.