Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Manager Gaithersburg MD or Chesapeake VA
Leidos is seeking an Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Manager who will be a team member within the Hardware System Engineering/Maintenance Implementation Engineering organization and working on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM)/Data Comm technology.
ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the pulse of the National Airspace System, helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
The Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Manager is the single point of contact for all ILS issues for the customer. The position is required to put together a briefing that outlines the programs ILS approach as directed by the client.
• Support the planning and execution of all aspects of the Systems Life Cycle sustainment effort. The candidate will be responsible for a cross-functional team to ensure all Life Cycle sustainment activities are performed on schedule and within cost.
• Host and administratively support ERAM ILS meetings.
• Ensures logistics and logistics planning are integrated in the equipment engineering and the commercial item and the NDI selection processes.
• Conduct analysis of transition planning, logistics sustainment requirements and duties may include providing research and assistance with implementation of community policies and guidance. Works to
• Achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
• Develop solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines.
• Regularly employ creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives.
• Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members and also with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
• Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
• Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
• Candidate should have strong communication and presentation skills.
• Must have the ability to lead a cross-functional team to meet life cycle sustainment goals and objectives.
• Experience in Logistics, Provisioning, Field Failure analysis and problem resolution, Contractor Depot Logistics Support (CDLS), Maintenance repair processing and spares modeling.