Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We have a vacancy for a Purchasing Administrator within Leidos Europe subsidiary, Leidos Supply Ltd, part of the Commodity Support Services (CSS) team within Team Leidos.
The Purchasing Administrator will conduct purchasing procedures and provide compliance advice to CSS team members and other stakeholders through the evaluation, placing and compliance of converting purchase requisition to purchase orders and submitting to supplier, ensuring all related documentation is provided to the LSL analyst team for order completion to satisfy 3 Way Match.
They will also ensure that the necessary professional standards are maintained for all Purchasing work and support the aim of achieving the most cost-effective procurement of requirements and deliver the benefits required by Team Leidos under Logistic Commodities and Services (Transformation), following transfer from MOD in August 2015.
The post holder is a member of Leidos Supply Ltd within Team Leidos and as such may operate within any of the main Commodity teams (Clothing; Food; Medical Equipment and Consumables; Oils, Lubricants and Gases; General Supplies)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all purchasing activity within your area of responsibility is performed to the highest standards, conforms to Leidos Policies and where applicable EU Procurement Regulations Procedures
- To proactively participate in ensuring accurate data is entered in the Leidos Sage System.
- To develop and issue purchase orders against the LSL SOP's and associated procurement process
- To ensure compliance against each purchase order placed for both 'Off Contract and On Contract'
- Undertake purchase administration as required, including providing data for the LSL data room
- Maintain professional standards and provide purchasing support and advice to staff, stakeholders and customers.
- To effectively manage the purchase orders within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both suppliers, customer and colleagues where necessary.
- Where required, ensure Purchasing MI is accurate and up to date and submitted on time.
- To actively contribute to the development of LSL tools, processes and procedures, thereby supporting Team Leidos Transformation.
- Continuing Professional and Personal Development to ensure maximise contribution to the business.
- Manage self in accordance with Leidos HR policies
- Issue new Purchase Orders in Sage ERP X3
- Modify purchase orders
- Fielding queries and giving an understanding on the orders and business.
- Resolve issues associated with new or previously issued purchase orders
- Perform accurate, compliant, and consistent work
- Maintaining current and compliant procurement files and documentation on the share drive.
- Interface internally and externally with various organizational levels
Important skills for the successful purchasing administrator:
- Ability to work in a high volume, moderate stress environment
- Detail oriented; ability to identify differences between one document and another. And the ability to develop a course of action to resolve the difference.
- Persistence, diligence to pursue solutions, resolution to various issues.
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be comfortable learning by doing, "on the job learning"
- Must be comfortable in a fluid, dynamic, changing work environment.
- Self motivated, with initiative
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and strong attention to detail
- Desirable experience in an administrative role
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- A strong analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Quick to adapt to a changing and challenging work environment
Additional skills or experience:
- Basic understanding of the business environment and the role of the purchasing professional.
- Experience and skillful in handling suppliers and resolving problems within strict delivery time frames is
- Interfaces well with a wide range of people from all sectors of society including the armed forces via email, telephone or in person
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)