The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Test Automation Engineer for a newly awarded prime program in San Diego, CA. The ideal candidate will have an active Secret security clearance or the ability to obtain a secret clearance.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The iApp program is a large, cutting edge, Cyber Security Key Management Web Application system development and integration effort. This system utilizes KMI technologies to bring an efficient and modern-day Key Management solution to the warfighter.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Test Manager to define strategy and process, bringing automation in line with existing functional aspect of the test effort. This position is responsible for the design and development of automated testing as an Application Lifecycle Management solution. You will be responsible for creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts. In addition the position is responsible for creating metrics and increasing test coverage using the automated systems.
What you will like about this position...
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of iApp and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
Bachelor's Degree and 4-8 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
4-8 years of experience creating automation tests
• Implement and develop automated test practices for web applications.
• Design and create test scripts using Java to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation.
• Work with the Test Manager and colleagues to define process and strategy associated with automation.
• Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
• Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Proven experience developing test frameworks and automation scripts for web applications utilizing Automation Test Tools such as Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, JUnit.
- Ability to create scripts beyond record and playback; specifically developing functions, adding control flow logic, loops etc.
- Experience with Java, C++, and Python languages.
- Experience working with GUI object recognition and customization.
- Experience testing Java, windows GUI.
- Experience with Jenkins or similar tools for continuous testing.
- Experience of source control systems and configuration management.
- Basic level knowledge of XML, and SQL.
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
The right candidate will exhibit the following:
• Quality - demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Understanding of software design techniques.
- Ability to quickly become proficient in new tools/technologies.
- Ability to identify efficiencies and process improvements between the development and testing disciplines.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming, design and debugging skills.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Agile certification