Leidos has a career opening for a Network Analyst at Hill AFB, UT.
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. This position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24x7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC) working in our Transport, IP, and / or Unified Capabilities (UC) NOC.
• Responsible for overall network support for customer programs including monitoring and evaluating various components of the DISA Enterprise Network.
• Partner with engineering team to provide specifications for network architecture, evaluating and integrating new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
• Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and system architectures to develop solutions for network outages or other systems issues.
• Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems.
• Interacts with customer and/or senior leadership regarding network engineering, technical considerations, and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
• May be required to troubleshoot issues utilizing established procedures.
• This is a rotating shift position and must be available for a rotating shift.
• Verify equipment is operating within parameters of predetermined configurations and react to alarms as necessary.
• Work with DoD SATCOM Gateway facilities and deployed operators to troubleshoot and resolve SONET, IP and SATCOM network issues.
• Provide SONET/SDH/IP network support to include configuration of switches, routers, multiplexers, media converters, and modems.
• Utilization of diagrams, maps, cut sheets, and TSOs/SAAs/GAAs as source documentation for network configuration.
• Utilize ticketing applications to aid in customer problem tracking and resolution in all aspects of the network integral to our customer's communications.
• High School diploma and 4+ yrs. of related experience; Associates and Bachelor's degrees, preferred.
• Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE) prior to start date.
• Ability to work in a 24/7 operation.
• Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
• Understanding of Satellite Communications (SATCOM) architecture and signal flow.
• Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, Promina, CISCO (multiplexers), Juniper, ADTRAN, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching, SATCOM/MILSATCOM.
• General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
• Familiarity with the operation of trunk (bulk), MILSATCOM, and data encryption devices.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.