Leidos is seeking great candidates for Systems Administrator to support our customer site in Springfield VA. ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance REQUIRED and willingness to obtain a POLY level clearance upon request. This position is responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
The shift for this opening is 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Shifts are worked on a 3on/4off, 4on/3off basis, with days of work being Sunday - Wednesday.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5+ years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- ACTIVE TS/SCI level clearance and willingness to obtain a POLYGRAPH upon request is REQUIRED
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer, network and storage system administration and support.
- Knowledge of related hardware and software i.e. Server, Unix/Linux, Cisco, and Microsoft products.
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment
- Knowledge of basic networking principles (routing, DNS, etc.) and/or system administration (perfmon, services, software installation, etc.) desired
- Working knowledge of enterprise monitoring technologies (BMC BEM/SIM/BPPM, HP NNM, CA eHealth, etc.) and ITSM suites (Remedy, Siebel, HP Service Desk, etc.) desired.
Hands-on experience with one or more of the following technologies strongly desired:
- Microsoft Exchange (2010 preferred) - recipient administration, server administration, monitoring, break-fix, OWA
- Netbackup - monitoring scheduled backup jobs, restarting backups, executing restores, verification of backup data integrity
- SAN/NAS - monitoring status, basic troubleshooting, space allocation
- Virtualization - monitoring or supporting virtual servers and desktops using Citrix and VMWare
- Imagery libraries and imagery exploitation systems - Troubleshooting imagery flow, systems interfaces, availability of images and throughput of imagery systems
- Experience in technical operations at DOD agencies
"External Referral Eligible"