Leidos is looking for an IT System Specialist in Buchanan, NY. This position will be responsible for monitoring, operating, troubleshooting and repairing the
Indian Point Energy Center (IPEC) Alert Notification System (ANS.)
Duties include performance of the following tasks using a Window based Control Station:
• Central Control Unit (Window's PC Based Workstation)
• Soft Reset of System (Window's enabled reset command)
• Monitor the sirens automated Poll results - performed twice a day. The pm check is on a rotational and on-call schedule
• Check Battery Voltages remotely from PC based Work Station
• Perform system Silent Tests on Microwave and Telco
• Perform ANS Daily Status Forced Sync Back Up Reports
• Auto Switch Over Check (GSB) IP Poll Telco Poll Weekly Alarm and Poll Trending (Friday)
• CCU Poll Check Tx Path - "Both" Check Comm Path on Microwave.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree with 1+ years' experience. High school diploma with additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Knowledge of ANS including hardware and communications paths, including siren operation and microwave, telco and TCP/IP (mobile radio) communications.
• Awareness of public Alert Systems (AS) including reverse 9-1-1 and NY Alert • • Knowledge of maintaining software
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with PCs.
• Availability to provide 24/7 on call support as assigned.