No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
As a member of the NEST Operations Team, the candidate will provide support to other NEST teams and will provide comprehensive support for enterprise Windows systems - ranging from desktop to servers. The individual will be responsible for delivering end user services to include desktop services, mobility and collaboration technologies. This role will ensure the overall health and availability of End User systems. Provide quality support for enterprise desktops, and other enterprise technologies with a focus on client service. The individual will be responsible for supporting and executing the IT Service Management (ITSM) processes, and supporting technical solutions to satisfy business needs. Ensure end user services are defined and supported by the processes as guided by the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Senior-level information assurance/security support
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
- Determines enterprise information assurance and security standards
- Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization
- Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers' requirements
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies
- Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle
- Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems data assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years related experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Very good understanding of Windows OS (servers and clients) in design, configuration and the administration of Windows OS.
- Very good knowledge of Exchange administration - On-premises and cloud (e.g., O365)
- Good knowledge of SharePoint and SharePoint administration
- Very good knowledge of SCCM, SCOM, and BigFix.
- Very good knowledge of Windows backup tools (e.g., NetBackup, Windows Backup, Druva)
- Very good knowledge of anti-virus/anti-malware tools (e.g., McAfee, Windows Defender).
- PowerShell Script design and coding experience
- Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS PIV authentication
- Knowledge of certificate management (e.g., Certificate Authorities)
- Active Directory and Group Policy Management (GPO) administration experience is required.
- System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., SCOM, SolarWinds, EM7, etc.)
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Experience working in the NASA environment.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Application of security settings and other commercial security best practices. Awareness of security settings (e.g., STIGs)
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
- Completing registry backups, restorations and modifications Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies
- Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS PIV authentication
- Network knowledge and experience
- Good understanding of operations in a multi-platform environment (e.g., Windows/Linux/MacOS interoperability).
- Good understanding of storage technologies (e.g., NetApp, EMC) and how these technologies fit into the Windows environment