The IT Hardware Technician will be part of a dynamic team to support the G2 Army MI Enterprise ARIES Program which provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems. The successful candidate will possess a professional customer-focused attitude, strong communication skills, and strong ethics.
- Troubleshoot and resolve common hardware and network issues including video cards, desktop/laptop issues, cabling and physical layer networking issues, and printer troubleshooting and/or maintenance.
- Diagnose and resolve problems with desktop systems (Win 10), printers, digital senders, mobile devices and other standard office equipment.
- Complete basic hardware work as directed, such as cable management, desktop PC installation, monitors, KVM's, and laptop imaging and issuance.
- Provide Tier II/III service support to customers in person and over the phone with minimal to no direct oversight.
- Provide input and update to standard operating procedures.
- Conduct validation of ticket information to ensure completeness and accuracy and escalate issues via ticketing system and requests for assistance as needed.
- Take part in organizations change management process.
- Participate in or lead special projects and day‐to‐day operations as needed or assigned by the Site Lead.
- Interact daily with supervisor, peers, and customers.
- Provide polite and friendly customer service.
• HS diploma with 6+ years or Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of related experience. Additional training, certification and/or years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• Possess strong troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Service Manager ticketing system.
• Currently possess DoD IAT at Level II certification, Security+ce and Computing Environment (MTA/MCSA-Win 10).
• Currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Comprehensive knowledge of IT service desk requirements with the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments and ability to provide over the phone troubleshooting.
• Experience working with demanding, high ranking customers and staff.