The Leidos Civil is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our Aviation Lab Engineering Group. This is an opportunity to join the leading provider of air traffic control systems guiding the world's air traffic managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day.
Responsibilities both as a individual and as team member:
• Lead the creation of technical solutions that meet technical requirements for Aviation system components used in development and testing environments including hardware/software products, system component integration, and system configurations.
• Manage the Aviation lab baselines ensuring standard hardware/software/network components are optimized and operating per technical requirements.
• Provide technical consulting expertise to program management, technical counterparts, and customer counterparts.
• Guide Engineering teams on system installation, configuration and maintenance.
• Resolve complex problems / challenges and provide solutions that are innovative, feasible, and cost effective helping to meet technical and business objectives.
• Support problem troubleshooting and resolution, as well as root cause analysis. Support technical planning at the program and change control level.
• Extract requirements from customers and understand technical and business impact of those requirements.
Typically requires Bachelors of Science degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Ability to define, plan, and execute activities in support of an entire system development and integration lifecycle.
• Extensive knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware, and software used in large scale complex fault tolerant systems.
• Mastery of LINUX, Integrating Operating Systems with developed code and other commercial/Open Source products, network storage configuration, network routing and switching protocols.
• Cloud architecture and administration. Installing and optimizing software development tools in the cloud.
• Virtualization expertise.
• Disaster recovery expertise.
• Agile experience
• Identify and resolve complex failures within processes and integrated systems.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to clearly explain lab system concepts and related problems.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work within and across engineering teams.
• Experience with: RedHat, NetApp, VMware, AWS and/or ATC, AIX
• Previous FAA experience is preferred.