The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an experienced Software (SW) Tester/SW Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist to support the system engineering and development activities of its client in Rockville, MD.
The Tester's primary responsibilities are to work with software development teams in an Agile environment to ensure software meets requirements and acceptance criteria. He/she will work directly with Product Owners, Developers, and other Testers in an agile environment to ensure system capabilities satisfy users business requirements.
• Perform software test planning and execution activities as needed, including: Integration Test, Functional Test,
Component Test, Regression Test, System Test, and Security Test.
• Document and communicate Acceptance Criteria.
• Track and report testing results utilizing best practices and Atlassian JIRA tools.
• Design and execute automated test cases to support functional testing at the UI layer and regression testing.
• Provide Tier‐3 production support as required.
The ideal candidate will have between 5 -7 years of professional SW Testing experience; and prior hands‐on technical experience in a federal environment, working with a multi‐disciplinary Agile team (development, test, engineering, operations). Experience with the federal grants management line of business is a plus.
• Bachelor s degree or higher and a minimum of 5 years working in the IT field as a SW Tester/ (at least 3 years)
• Proficiency and technical knowledge of SQL and Oracle database systems; and at least 3 years of experience writing and working with SQL queries.
• Prior hands on experience working with automated testing / test automation.
• Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline (MS or MBA a plus)
• Proficiency with Jira Agile
• Knowledge of business process modeling techniques and tools
• Test automation tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Serenity
• Performance testing experience
• Knowledge of security testing requirements
• Must have excellent written and oral communications skills (clear, succinct, and direct)
• Must be comfortable working in a fast‐paced, matrixed team environment, with a client‐centric culture, and an environment of high performers.
• Must be able to multi-task and shift priorities as needed
• Must be able to work effectively with numerous stakeholder types and bring a groups to consensus.