The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for an Solutions Architect to provide leadership on a mission-critical program whose purpose is to development, modernize, enhance, operate and maintain services for CBP/OIT/PSPD mission critical systems. The Enterprise Architect will provide the solution strategy, solution development, and assist in execution of systems and infrastructure information technology (IT) and support services. The Enterprise Architect will provide comprehensive systems engineering solutions, and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of innovative IT solutions and professional services to modernize CBP/DHS legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical and mission-support functions.
• Serve as the Leidos principle Enterprise Architect to provide expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of IT solutions that enhance overall system performance and availability
• Provide technical expertise and analysis support, as well as system architectures and related cyber initiatives
• Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of IT solutions for the modernization of existing applications and strategies for migrating them to the cloud
• Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to a complex matrixed Information Technology operations
• Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, and integration advice on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation
The individual selected for this position should have a broad technical background spanning many of the technical areas supported by the program. The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for the success in this position.
• 15+ years' experience engineering and architecting enterprise IT solutions
• Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
• Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex IT solutions on a large Program (200M+)
• Demonstrated experience designing and modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems, including developing effective COOP/DR solutions
• Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices comprising concept development, requirements engineering, architecture, design and development, integration, test and evaluation, and operations and maintenance
• Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
• Demonstrated experience in Cloud environments, including hybrid cloud
• Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
• Demonstrated experience in Secure DevOps/Agile concepts and processes
• Demonstrated experience with server virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V
• Demonstrated experience with operating systems such as RedHat Linux and Windows Server
• Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
• At least one nationally recognized vendor certification
• Cloud Technical, Business or TCO Accreditation
• Cloud Architect, DevOps or SysOps Associate or Professional Certification
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
DHS, CBP, OIT, CBPOIT, PSPD, Passenger, Border, Cloud, Agile, SecDevOps, DevOps