The Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a talented Electrical Engineering student (undergraduate or graduate) for an internship as a Mathematician or Mechanical Engineer - Modeler Intern in Reston, Virginia. Our dynamic R&D team focuses on interoperability of systems within WMD related facilities. Candidate must bring a creative, yet sound, approach to identifying and solving challenges with these interrelated systems in a customer setting, and have exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to thoroughness. The successful candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team of government and contractor personnel conducting Weapons of Mass Destruction Analysis. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment within a government facility. The candidate should demonstrate a willingness to consider highly complex state of the art mathematical problems and use advanced techniques under guidance to provide answers. Candidate should have the ability think differently, unconventionally, and from a new perspective.
- Use exploitation products, intelligence resources and engineering expertise to characterize selected facilities and processes.
- Work with senior engineer to produce accurate assessments.
- Brief peers and senior officials regarding capability trends and analysis.
- Candidate will be entered into the TS/SCI clearance pipeline with opportunity to pursue poly
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program in a mathematics, an engineering (mechanical, chemical, etc.) or related field
- US Citizenship required per contract
- Coursework or experience in CFD, FEA
- Familiarity with high performance modeling of physics based problems