The Maritime Systems Division is seeking a Computer Scientist/Engineer in Washington DC. Some INCONUS travel required (Dallas TX, Orlando FL, Patuxent River MD, etc.).
Provide effective and efficient computer engineering support for the design, development, integration and test, production and manufacturing, procurement, deployment, installation, maintenance, modernization, modification, and related engineering and technical services associated with USN ACAT 1D programs. The successful candidate will ideally have at least 10 years of experience In DoD
R&D and fleet support of complex software-intensive naval weapons systems.
The person in this position will work directly with both the Leidos team and the government program office to assist in ensuring success of all aspects of the programs software engineering efforts. The candidate must have expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
In this position the expectation is that the employee will be engaged at some level in all of the following activities:
- Provide computer engineering technical expertise in sensor system application software, infrastructure software and computer processing components, and peripheral hardware engineering in support of the airborne sensor system research, development, test and evaluation, production and operation activities.
- Recommend approaches to resolve problems that affect major weapon systems requirements, functionality, performance or usability using credible and comprehensive system engineering methods and practices.
- Support system software acquisition tasks through the preparation and review of software-centric documents to include Software Requirements Document, Software Description Document, Software Development Plan, Software Interface Requirements, and Software Test Plans and Procedures.
- Conduct software in-process reviews and technical interchange meetings in support of assessing compliance with approved processes, product quality standards and project requirements. Monitor software metrics (schedule, cost, technical) and exercise sound judgment concerning the accuracy, completeness and risk associated with these data.
- Prepare and review documents which support acquisition activities that include but not limited to System Performance Specification, Statement of Work (SOW), Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL), Engineering Change Proposals, Earned Value Management (EVM) reports and Interface Design Documents.
- Support system software acquisition tasks through the preparation and review of software-centric documents such as Software Development Plan and Software Requirements Document.
- Support the Integrated Product Team (IPT) in the technical assessment of proposed work for contract award.
- Monitor software metrics (schedule, cost, technical) and software test results to exercise sound judgment concerning the accuracy, completeness and risk associated with the data.
- Identify gaps in resources, available information, or deviation from performance to plan objectives in order to recommend approaches for mitigating risk and resolving problems.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering) with a minimum of 8 years of experience in DoD R&D and fleet support of complex naval weapons systems or a Master a related filed degree with 6-10 years of experience.
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance.
- Experience in C, C++, and Java
- Experience in Real-Time software development on Linux platform.
- Demonstrated performance in projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Experience in United States Navy P-3C or P8A aircraft software/systems.
- Experience with the LSRS (Littoral Surveillance Radar System) and/or the Advanced Airborne Sensor (AAS) Systems.
- Experience with FPGA/Firmware, Software Architecture Design, System Networking
- Proficient use in industry standard tools such as Microsoft Office, Clear Quest, Clear Case, DOORs
- Decision-making skills to promote working autonomously from government oversight
- Ability to manage, motivate and lead teams
- Minimum of five years ACAT 1D support or experience