Leidos is seeking a candidate to fill a Mid System Administrator position. This candidate will provide various network / system administrative support for the Mission Management Investment Portfolio. These activities include providing extensive network design & support, software installations, performing backups and restores, installing patch capabilities, troubleshooting of complex systems, monitoring system logs, creating and administration of user accounts. The candidate will:
- Provide complex troubleshooting of the system and architecture.
- Monitor the health and status metrics and trend analysis on applications.
- Provide timely and professional recommendations to the customers.
- Evaluate current operating procedures and provide improvement recommendations. -
- Implement corrective action processes for addressing problems detected in the operational baseline in compliance with the TTO.
- Ensure that all detected problems are promptly reported, action is initiated, status is tracked and resolution is achieved without introducing additional issues or risk.
- Adhere to established corrective action processes and procedures.
- Provide after hour and call-in support.
- Interfacing with the appropriate Government organizations for support, regarding system administration, hardware, and communications requirements.
- Experience with complex network design/support
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX
- Experience with Virtual Environments (MachineShop, EDC)
- Working knowledge of network firewall configurations.
- Experience interfacing with the appropriate Government organizations for support, regarding system and database administration, hardware, storage and communications requirements.
- Must be able to interact effectively with developers, system stakeholders, and the Customer
- Experience with System accreditation processes
- Experience working in a customer facing role
- Strong Communication skills
- Desired Skills (if any)
- Some project/program management experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.