The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Field Service Technician at Carlisle Barracks, PA.
Leidos has a team to support the G2 Army MI Enterprise which provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems. The Field Service Technician at the Carlisle Barracks site will independently, with little or no supervision, perform Preventive and Remedial Maintenance, User Support, On-Site Equipment Repair, System Update, Replace Installation/Removal, System Operations and Logistics, Scheduled Maintenance, System Administration, Information Assurance, IA Vulnerability Management Compliance, Approval to Operate, FISMA documentation, and IT System Status Updates to provide mission critical services for the site. The successful candidate will be capable of running a remote site by themselves with demanding customers and will provide on-site customer support and incident resolution for all hardware, software and application problems on desktops, laptops, servers, printers and additional peripherals. The Field Service Technician at Carlisle Barracks site will work as an extension of the system support technicians located at the Pentagon and will have the ability to work independently and resolve incidents before reaching back for support. Regular travel (20%) to off-site locations will be required.
• Provide Tier I and II support at remote field and garrison sites.
• Perform server and desktop installation, basic cabling, and systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs).
• Document incident resolution procedures and standard operating procedures.
• Maintain documentation of incident status in incident database tools (e.g. Remedy and SCSM).
• Contribute to the integrity of the systems, plan for and respond to service outages and other problems.
• Participate in organizations change management process.
• Analyze and resolve network, hardware, and software problems.
• Provide desktop system management involving account monitoring, security, Operating System installation, and other local area system and desktop administration related functions.
• Document incidents, status and resolution in the G2's trouble ticket system.
• Perform troubleshooting on many types of hardware and software.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent with 6+ years of relevant technical experience in the administration of networked desktop and server systems or 2+ years of experience with a BA Degree.
• Experience maintaining Windows 7 or higher.
• Experience with BMC Remedy.
• Currently possess DoD 8570.01 IAT II baseline certification, CompTIA Security+ce.
• Currently possess Computing Environment certification, MTA/MCSA Server 2012/2016
• Currently possess an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field.
• CompTIA Server+ certification.
• Experience maintaining Server 2012/2016 platforms.
• MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2012.
• MCSA: Server 2012 /R2.