Are you interested in developing and researching cutting-edge geospatial technology?
Are you passionate about the problems of tomorrow?
Do you strive and excel in tackling unknown problems and creating innovative solutions?
Are you results oriented and excited about creating and leveraging machine learning applications, convolutional neural networks and cloud infrastructures?
The Global Security Solutions Division under the Intelligence Sector of Leidos Inc. has a career opportunity for an Intern Software Developer to join the Foundations Geospatial Services - IOS Program. The Developer will work collaboratively across Program Teams in the development Foundation GEOINT services. The individual will develop complex and diverse software / cloud applications based upon existing and future requirements. The individual must be able to work individually and as part of a team, and must be comfortable in a rapid-paced but somewhat unstructured environment where self-motivation and creativity is highly valued.
- Contribute and provide software applications, cloud services and other prototypes and products
- Must have experience in software development theories, concepts, practices and process
- Ability to work closely with GEOINT developers who are expert in the associated fields as well as program teams in understanding future requirements
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Currently working towards earning a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields
- Strong desire to learn about a variety of topics
- Have the ability to think outside the box and tackle new topics and tasks
- Self- starter, motivated individual with the ability to work within a team of onsite and virtual team mates
- Ability to think out-side of the box and create solutions in ground breaking technology independently
- Working knowledge in JAVA, C++, C#, Python and other modern programing languages
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology
- Experience with JIRA or similar tools
- AWS architecture and cloud experience
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- US Citizenship Required
- Fundamental understanding of Geospatial Information Systems (ESRI)
- Fundamental understanding of cloud-native APIs, frameworks and architectures and demonstrated ability to develop back-end services, user interfaces and interoperable software component
- Experience in image processing
- 0-1 years' experience working with or in the Intelligence Community