Leidos has an immediate opening for an IT Systems Analyst (C4ISR Maintainer ALE) at Nellis AFB, NV. Candidates must currently possess a TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered. The IT Systems Analyst will provide support to the 526 IS and its associated mission partners to ensure ISR systems effectively support Air Force and Joint exercises.
Position is responsible to perform a variety of assignments associated with systems administration and management including installing, configuring, monitoring and controlling computing environments.
- Administer, develop, deliver, and support IT systems and services to provide secure and reliable C4ISR operations.
- Deploy, configure and maintain the full capabilities of the Host Based Security System (HBSS) products to all enterprise wide managed systems including, McAfee Agent (MA), HIPS, Device Control Module (DCM), Policy Auditor (PA), Data Loss Prevention, Rogue System Detection (RSD) and VirusScan (VSE) for McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- Perform IT system administration (Windows) including performance tuning, system availability, capacity planning, provisioning, and security.
- Administer systems/environment solutions for multiple projects and services.
- Perform in depth investigations on the applications in the production system environment.
- Provide configuration management, application implementation, server upgrades, software and operating system patches, antivirus updates, and data backup/restoration for client systems.
- Plan for current and future technology integration and ensure compatibility and standardization based on current and projected customer needs.
- Deploy, setup, and maintain customer-furnished computer systems.
- Set up, administer, and service accounts across multiple networks and client environments.
- Provide service to end-users for operation, restoration, and configuration of information systems.
- Troubleshoot system and software problems
- Establish and update procedures and documentation
- Ensure rigorous application of information security and assurance policies in the delivery of C4ISR services.
- Perform configuration management and provide ADP equipment upgrade recommendations.
- Perform COMSEC custodian duties in accordance with national and DoD directives.
- Participate in special projects, as required.
-Occasional shift work will be required to support exercises
The ideal candidate will have excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. Additionally they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- TS/SCI security clearance on day 1
- CompTIA Security + CE certification or higher
- Associates degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent education and experience
- 6+ years of related experience or with Bachelor's degree, 4+ years' experience are required.
- At least two years' experience in the following:
o Working on Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) systems and architecture
o Space Dynamics Laboratory's (SDL) VIP-C software suite administration to include VANTAGE and Sky Lynx servers
o VMWare vSphere administration
- At least three years' experience in COMSEC (accounting for and handling COMSEC items and materials)
- Expertise in one or more areas of IT, such as Microsoft OS administration (Windows 10, Server 2012, etc.), Sun Solaris (UNIX) administration, ASA/firewall administration, Cisco IOS (CLI) and NetIQ Directory and Resource Administration (DRA)
- Proven skills in systems repair, troubleshooting, deployment and liquidation
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high pressure environment
- Experience in data cabling and computer facilities maintenance
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, email, SSL, OSI model and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers and management
- VMWare Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
- CompTIA Advance Security Practioner (CASP) certification or equivalent
- Four year college degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent education and experience