Job Requisition:SOC Shift Supervisor/Lead
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and cyber security professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Leidos is seeking an experienced Security Operations Center (SOC) Technical Shift Supervisor to support a federal customer within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Supervise and Manage a small team of Cyber Security Analysts within the SOC in support of the Government Customer
- Manage and conduct hands-on technical detection, analysis, containment, eradication, and remediation as a member of the Incident Response team
- Guide and mentor peers and subordinates to provide cross training
- Ensure accountability and punctuality of security analysts assigned to your shift
- Capture cybersecurity metrics in direct-support to executive-level briefings (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Articulate daily challenges to the Government SOC GWO
- Analyze web and host logs for indications of compromise
- Remediate and coordinate the remediation of infected or compromised devices
- Ensure shift continuity during call-outs and emergencies
- Compile incident reports, executive summaries, and analysis reports of intrusions and/or security events
- Document and update processes, workflows, and technical guides
- Perform simple firewall rule changes (after training)
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field and 8 years of prior relevant experience
- Military experience and training may be considered in lieu of degree
- Active Advanced cybersecurity certification(s)
- Experience conducting detailed technical analysis of Cybersecurity Events and Incidents
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must possess and demonstrate knowledge in two or more of the following
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Intrusion Prevention and Detection
- Access Control and Authorization
- Policy Enforcement
- Application Security
- Protocol Analysis
- Firewall Management
- Incident Response
- Advanced Threat Protection
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Malware reverse-engineering experience considered a plus
- 2 years (or more) of experience as an operations/technical lead on similar projects (operations centers considered a plus)
- Experience supporting 24x7 missions
- Experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations
- Experience with Service Desk support and operations
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Understanding of DevOps/Agile concepts and processes
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.