This is a Software Developer position on the Sustainment Analysis Services (SAS) contract. SAS provides sustainment support for selected NGA legacy exploitation software applications. Application transitions and sustainment are performed within a SAFe AGILE methodology. Software developers on the SAS scrum teams need to be versatile and flexible with the tasks they work. Candidates must be self-motivated and work well within a team. As the contract takes over sustainment for many systems, the roles and responsibilities will be quickly changing.
The candidate will be subject to a government security clearance and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Software development and engineering skills in multiple SW languages.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Design, Build, Test software upgrades and modifications.
- Use technical expertise to suggest environment and process upgrades.
- Realize system milestones and plan to deliver a quality product on time.
- Resolves Pri1 and Pri2 system DRs, server/desktop updates, and provide IAVA support.
- Implement COTS, and other third party, product updates.
- Bachelor's Degree obtained within 12 months
- Software engineering and development skills in multiple SW languages used on the program. Languages used on various systems; JAVA, C++,VB.net, C++.net
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills, with the use of debuggers
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows OS (scripting, command line)
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED PER CONTRACT
- Prior internship experience in the following areas preferred:
- Database experience, like Oracle or MongoDB
- Java web developer with both server and client side experience
- Experience working in Cloud architecture and/or application transitions to the Cloud