Leidos is seeking a former Field Grade Military Officer to fill our Senior National Security Analyst position in Greenwood Village Colorado
Conduct research and analysis of complex national security issues. Position requires significant military experience, international studies expertise, regional expertise and experience in the Asian-Pacific region, and experience developing policy and strategy papers for the US government. Foreign language capability is desirable. A requisite requirement is the ability to immediately contribute to the process of preparing and delivering analytical products to personnel in the US government.
Conduct national security research and analysis; prepare briefings and reports, brief US government customers on research and findings. Interact with Government personnel in meetings and seminars.
- PhD in International Studies, Foreign Affairs, or related disciplines.
- At least 20 years military experience up to command-level operational background.
- Knowledgeable of day-to-day military operations within DoD. Experience in the Pacific area of operations.
- Experience with the development of strategy, policy, and force requirements for future contingencies.
- Able to conduct in -depth research on a variety of national security topics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently, as well as part of a diverse team of highly trained multi-disciplinary analysts.
- Excellent analytic, research, and writing skills required. Experience teaching national security topics to government audiences.
- Comfortable in preparing and delivering detailed, oral presentations derived from research and analysis to senior DOD officials.
- Applicant must have an current/active TOP SECRET clearance.
Job is located in Greenwood Village, Colorado.
- Understanding of Asian-Pacific regional issues from a US military planning and operational perspective.
- Foreign language capability. Work experience as Attaché/FAO at USDAO, US Embassy, China, Japan or Asian/Pacific locations.