The Defense group at Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a software engineer experienced or interested in migrating applications to cloud native environments in Charlottesville, VA.
Our team is responsible for transforming the application footprint of the Air Force from legacy data centers to commercial cloud environments in both AWS and Azure.
This position will be responsible for implementing migrations strategies with the aim of utilizing cloud-native services, with a focus on the use of automation and delivering applications that are easily sustained with cloud native tools. The engineer will be a key member of our cloud migration team, and will be responsible for close collaboration across Leidos teams.
- Executing the migration plan for legacy applications to utilize cloud-native services - primarily Azure
- Design and implement automated deployment solutions for various customers and environments
- Provide feedback on DevOps methods, migrations, and cloud technologies to the team
- Be devoted to knowing the latest trends in the Cloud domain and various solution patterns.
- Open to adopting new/other technologies.
- Be an engaged member of the technical team with daily effective communication and participation
- Requires BS degree in relevant field with 2 years relevant experience, or MS degree with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles.
- Proficient in Cloud technologies.
- Experience with or using some combination of the following:
- Build & CI automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Scripting languages (e.g. bash, python, Go)
- Full stack development
- Network design & troubleshooting
- Source code management tools & artifact management (e.g. git / BitBucket/ TFS)
- Team collaboration tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- Demonstrated usage of Agile and DevOps processes and activities on project execution.
- Detail and results-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to grow and develop along with the needs of the team and Leidos.
- 8570 Compliant (Sec+ certification or higher) or complete the certification within 60 days of employment.
- Must be a US citizen
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance (SSBI preferred)