Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network and Systems Virtualization Engineer. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
- Provide engineering support for the blade and server Virtual Environment deployment.
- Design, Test, review, Support, and provide system maintenance, vendor/contractor liaison and other activities as required.
- Install, configure, and manage VMware vSphere environment.
- Manage vCenter, hypervisor on new hosts, virtual machines, data store creation and maintenance in coordination with storage engineers.
- Maintain virtualized architecture using vCenter.
- Plan and convert P2V as directed on Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems.
- Troubleshoot interoperability and performance issues.
- Coordinate and integrate with specialists from storage, network, server, and database systems.
- Provide Tier 2/3 technical support regarding virtualization issues.
- Diagnose problems on ESXi hosts, troubleshoot technology issues, using various resources and document lessons learned.
- Follow policies and procedures for change and incident management.
- Automate processes where appropriate and apply data store best practices.
- Provide health- performance-optimization monitoring of virtualized architecture.
- Work with team to upgrade network infrastructure equipment
- Bachelor's degree and 4-8 years of overall related experience or Masters with 2-6 years of related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce.
- Requires a secret clearance to start.
- VMWare Certification
- Experience upgrading network infrastructure equipment (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, etc.)
- Cisco UCS experience
- Experience of delivering services in a production environment following ITIL is a plus
External Referral Eligible