No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
This is a Project Management position, reporting to the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) Program Project Management Office (PMO) Manager. The Project Manager will be executing various projects on the Leidos ASC program which supports the National Science Foundation (NSF) The NSF is responsible for the operations and redevelopment of three research facility campuses in Antarctica. The Project Managers are responsible for managing projects from project planning/project initiation through pre-construction budgeting/schedule stage, procurement, issued for construction drawing development, construction, commissioning/space turnover and contract closeout.
- Lead project teams and ensure project completion within budget, schedule and conformance with design documents and governance documents.
- Working with all departments including facility operations, transportation & logistics, engineering, estimating, scheduling, procurement, finance and accounting to achieve an integrated team approach.
- Develop project acquisition strategies with the project team and subcontracting department.
- Develop logistics plans that allows contractors to complete their work in a coordinated, efficient manner.
- Coordinate and integrate the activities of all of the Project Team members and support functions. Establish priorities for the project staff based on client and project requirements.
- Manage the subcontract team to ensure compliance with the subcontract terms and conditions and performance baseline commitments.
- Review and approve all major purchase orders, change orders and contractor/vendor requisitions as prepared by the project staff.
- Establish regularly scheduled meetings to review the following: shop drawing preparation / approval, equipment/material lead times and required on-site dates, manpower projections vis-a-vis the project schedule, quality/performance issues on and off site.
- Review and approve all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, financial reports.
- Ensure that the customer is apprised of all deviations from the project baseline data (i.e., original schedule, budget, etc.) and obtain approval for deviations.
- Attend monthly project/client meetings to review project progress and issues. Present project data including Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) specifics, schedule trending analysis and critical path analysis assessment.
- Obtain client's acceptance of the work, and sign-off for the completed project. Responsible for the preparation and submission of the final project report, and prompt closeout of the subcontracts.
- Develop contingency planning scenarios to recover performance baseline (cost, schedule and scope) to ensure delivery on commitments in the contract/subcontract.
- Developing, presenting, and obtaining approvals of Mission Needs Statements, Functional Operational and Requirements documents, and Analysis of Alternatives.
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of Construction and/or Project Management experience with Vertical Construction/Building Projects, 6 of those at the Project Manager or Construction Engineering Manager level of responsibility.
- Relevant experience includes the delivery of complex projects ensuring coordination of multi-discipline and multi-company teams, understanding design risk assessments and reviewing technical design documentation for coordination of civil, structural, mechanical and electrical designs especially with engineering support during construction, and managing Building Information Modelling to identify and resolve design and construction interface issues.
- Must have experience maintaining current infrastructure while building replacement infrastructure.
- Must be articulate, able to communicate with multiple levels of clients and stakeholders.
- Must have current working knowledge of construction industry standards and certifications.
- Must have demonstrated experience maintaining cost and schedule performance using earned value methodologies.
- Experience managing various types of contracts for subcontractors including, but not limited to, Fixed Price, Time and Materials, Design Build, Incentive Based.
- Remote and/or extreme environment construction experience.
- May require frequent deployment to Antarctica.
- Professional Registration or Project Management Institute certification is desirable.